What is Micro Needling? It is a procedure where tiny little needles prick the skin and cause a cascade reaction on the skin. Micro Needling has proved to be a simple and fast method for safely treating wrinkles and scars. Because the epidermis remains intact, the procedure can be repeated safely and is also suited to regions where laser treatments and deep peels are not typically performed. Micro Needling is now becoming widely used as a treatment to improve the skin’s appearance and quality, and to improve or even prevent scarring
Benefits of Micro Needling?
- New collagen and elastin production, skin gets thicker and firmer.
- Improvement of skin tone and texture;
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles;
- Reduction of acne scars;
- Reduction of stretch marks.
Yes, all of that with minimal downtime. Normally, after the procedure patient will look like she/he has a sunburn. The skin will look red but it will resolve in few days or more depending on the depth of the procedure.
Understanding Micro Needling
The controlled micro wound created by the micro needling induces a healing process which activates immune response cells. In response, these cells will stimulate production of collagen and elastin. This is a safe procedure to all skin types because it does not have the risks involved with light therapies or lasers. Also, it is a more affordable procedure.
What you need to know about the treatment:
- We apply a topical numbing cream on the skin for 30 minutes before the procedure.
- We use individual and sterile needle cartridges for each patient.
- You should not expose the skin to the sun on the same day of the procedure.
- You will need to be without make up for 24 hours.
- On average, the procedure itself takes 30 minutes.
The Micro needling treatments are performed in our office by our Nurse, Jeane Thomas, who is a Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist