Csaba L. Magassy, MD, FACS
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Csaba L. Magassy is one of the Washington area’s best-known and most highly regarded plastic surgeons. Recently, he was listed in Northern Virginia Magazine’s (April 2016 Issue) as one of the Top Plastic Surgeons in the DC Metro area. His practice of cosmetics has attracted patients from all over the world. Dr. Magassy’s well-deserved reputation is of an outstanding ability to combine the discipline of the surgical science with the practiced judgment and aesthetic perception so necessary to excel as a premier plastic surgeon.
Dr. Magassy has helped thousands of people reach their cosmetic goals. He has performed every cosmetic surgical procedure many times over, and brings to each patient the ability to discuss and fully explain all the options possible to reach the desired result. The choice of technique and how far to take a procedure is yours. How reassuring it is to know that this doctor can offer solid advice based on more than twenty years of experience in bringing beauty to nature. Together, you and he can make the decision of what procedure and how much change should be used to achieve the balanced, pleasing effect that reflects nature’s most beautiful work.
In choosing your plastic surgeon, it is important to know that all “certification” credentials are not equal. It is theoretically possible for any doctor—including one with virtually no surgical experience—to obtain a “board certification” in cosmetic surgery in a short period of time. By contrast, certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery requires a physician to complete residencies in both general and plastic surgery, practice plastic surgery for at least two years, pass exhaustive written and oral examinations, and adhere to a strict code of ethics. In fact, ABPS is the only certifying board of plastic surgery recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties, the organization supported by the American Medical Association to certify specialists. ABPS certification is a credential with meaning. Dr. Magassy is one of 48 plastic surgeons in the United States that is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and The American Board of Surgery.
Originally from Hungary, Dr. Magassy received his medical training in the United States. He completed his residency in surgery at the Washington Hospital Center, and in plastic surgery at the University of California, San Francisco.
In addition to Dr. Magassy’s superior credentials (as listed below); he is a Champion Equestrian, a skilled pilot, and continues to seek out adventures (such as heli skiing), providing you a top-rated surgeon with a love of living life to the fullest.
Meet Dr. Magassy
Dr. Magassy’s Credentials
- FACS: Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, an honor reserved only for the most distinguished surgeons.
- Diplomate, ABPS: Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery & Surgery (the most meaningful certification for a plastic surgeon).
- Member, ASPS: American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Membership requires certification, peer review, participation in continuing education, and adherence to a strict code of ethics.
- Member, ASAPS: American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Membership is limited to board-certified plastic surgeons with significant experience in cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Member, LSNA: Lipoplasty Society of North America. Members are required to participate in continuing education to remain current in this fast-evolving area of cosmetic surgery.
- Member, ASBPS: American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. Members must be certified by ABPS and ASPS in order to receive this certification. Members are distinguished by their experience, and devoting a portion of their plastic surgery practices to weight loss patients.
- Dr. Magassy is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at George Washington University Medical Center and Georgetown University. In addition, he is an attending surgeon at Washington Hospital Center and Fairfax Hospital, and holds privileges at Suburban Hospital and Sibley Hospital.
Dr. Magassy’s Honors
- Selected as one of “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons” and “America’s Top Surgeons” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Honored as 2006 Alumni of the Year by the University of California, San Francisco
- Honored as one of the Distinguished Professors of the University of California, San Francisco in 2011
- Recognized as one of the “Top Doctors” by Washingtonian Magazine
- Selected as one of the “Best Doctors in America” by Best Doctors, Inc.
- Washington Academy of Surgery
- International College of Surgeons Award 1968
Call our McLean, Virginia office at 703-790-5454 or toll-free at 866-804-8222 to get more information or to schedule your personal consultation.
Located in McLean Virginia, Plastic Surgery Associates, P.C. led by Dr. Csaba L. Magassy, MD, FACS has been providing patients with top cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures in McLean VA, Silver Spring MD, Reston VA, Leesburg VA, Potomac MD and throughout other Northern Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland communities.